With the climatic changes across the globe, everyone and every kind of organization are seeking Sustainability. Buildings and infrastructure contribute a larger extent to the environment and if designed properly, environmental and health stress and tensions lower down.
About LEED – LEED is a green building certification program and the globally recognized standard for the design, construction, and operation of high-performance green buildings and neighborhoods. LEED BD+C V4 commonly used version in today’s scenario which has set the bar for building standards to address the following:
- energy efficiency,
- water conservation,
- site selection,
- material selection,
- daylighting, and waste reduction.
Sustainability is far broader than recycling or installing solar panels.
Course Approach – Structured to give you a broader understanding of the approaches take up by LEED to it contributes to the triple bottom line, 3Ps – people, planet, profit.
This course is a Foundational course on LEED BD+C designed to provide you with a detailed Tutorial of all the credits, standards, and requirements for the global standard.
Note: The Standard Reference V4 BD+C guide has over 800 pages.
What will you learn?
- Key concepts in LEED BD+C.
- Total of 70 modules – ranging from 2-8 minutes
- Explanations, requirement and Intent about Credit aligns with the overarching sustainability goals.
- Specifics of how LEED deals with reduced parking, how indoor and outdoor water can be reduced and should be calculated,
- Strategies to use to reduce energy, reliance on the grid, and increase the use of renewable energy
- Discussion of the Life Cycle Assessment approach and the impact.
- Speak about LEED BD+C and sustainability with confidence and it’s appliacations
- Understand the terms, definitions, and requirements.
- Take expert guidance from an experienced sustainability consultant and educator
- Deliver LEED projects, better, quicker and avoid common mistakes
- An excellent starting point in terms of experience or knowledge for LEED professionals
- Learners must be proactive in taking notes and applying the concepts and tools provided in this course.
- Deliver the consulting projects better and effectively
Who is behind this course?
I am the Managing Director of a green building consultancy in Malaysia, and a LEED AP, and USGBC Faculty. Before that, I was a university teacher (Yonsei University Korea), Project Manager, entrepreneur, and enjoy teaching. I have an MBA from London Business School. I enjoy creating courses.
This course is suitable for all levels and specifically for:
- Folks curious to learn about LEED BD+C
- Professional folks who have a LEED Green Associate
- Professionals who aspire to become a LEED Green Associate
- A career in sustainability consultancy seeking folks
- Developers, Engineers, Business Analysts, Architects
- Folks who want take up the LEED AP exam.
Some exceptional benefits associated with this course enrollment are:
- Quality course material
- Lifetime access to the course
- Instant & free course updates
- Access to all Questions & Answers initiated by other students as well
- Few free lectures for a quick overview
It’s time for you to grab the opportunity and make the most out of your life.
Join the Instructor and learn about LEED. Apply the knowledge gained from this pragmatic course LEED into your professional area.